A delicious recipe for the perfect gingerbread dog biscuits! Perfect as a treat or a festive snack.
These gingerbread dog biscuits are free from added sugars and nasties, just naturally sweetened with honey. This recipe is also 100% natural and vegetarian.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour or wheat free flour for dogs with allergies
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon - keep this to a minimum as too much can lead to mouth blisters
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup olive, vegetable or flaxseed oil
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C or gas mark 3
- Mix together the flour, ginger and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl stir together the honey, water and oil
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour and stir ingredients together with a spoon
- When mixed into a dough, roll out the dough to 1/2 inch thickness
- Cut dough into shapes using your favourite cookie cutters
- Lightly oil a baking sheet and place cut out biscuits on to the sheet
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until dried
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool down on a wire cooling rack
Top tip: The gingerbread can be made in advance and will keep fresh for several weeks in the fridge or can be frozen for up to 6 months.